En av de som forsøker å belyse hvor lett det synes å være for enkelte av dem man litt enkelt kan kalle for nye eller aggressive ateister å krangle og fornærme andre og hverandre, er altså en atskillig mer sindig, men vel så vokal ateist som kaller seg Gurdur.
As if atheists didn't have enough problems already, some atheists really like creating problems for the rest. It is just a fact that until atheists as a movement, or part of the overall movement, start overcoming how those few cause them problems, then atheism will remain often ineffectual and prone to being viewed with much negative prejudice by the general population in places like the USA. So it's pretty necessary for us atheists and secular humanists to confront the issue.Han finner en rekke forklaringer på dette.
1. Vocal atheism is fairly much a fringe phenomenon in places where where atheism is important as an issue, so there is the factor of small numbers, meaning that a very few atheists can far more easily influence the world of vocal atheism and atheists than they could if there were more atheists. They also influence public opinion and prejudice way out of proportion to their numbers.
2. There are no automatic criteria that make atheists; there is no real socio-economic marker, nor ethnic group nor gender marker, and no real geographical correlate at all. There is no real IQ correlate, nor any other real determinant.
3. Since those who are vocal atheists and for whom atheism is an issue then tend to be geographically few and scattered, the internet has really become the medium for networking for atheists. This makes bulletin boards (discussion boards on the net) very important for atheists. Certainly, atheist blogs also play their part, but the only genuine communities for vocal atheists and secular humanists are those on bulletin boards and some small groups who meet in large towns and cities.
4. Lack of solid confidence -- some atheists seem to lack confidence in their atheism, leading them to constantly seek validation for it, and to an exaggerated hostility towards religion as a whole and so on.
5. Then there is sheer narcisstic egotism. Quite a few seem to use the atheist movement and boards as simply vehicles to demonstrate their supposed superiority over the common plebians of benighted humanity. They then bully or troll other atheists as a means of further demonstrating their supposed superiority over the common herd.Og så videre i totalt åtte årsakspunkter og deretter ytterligere ni ulike agendaer som (selv om Gundur ikke mener alle er like mye på villspor) ris inn i nærmest ekstremisme, fra Jesus-mytere, via libertarianisme til determinisme.
Man skulle kort sagt nesten tro han hadde fulgt VGDebatt noen år.
Så er spørsmålet hvordan dette vil påvirke nyateismebølgen. Vil den bli diskreditert, eller vil de verste elementene bli satt på sidelinjen (vi skal ikke bruke uttrykket ekskommunisert)? Eller begge/ingen deler?
Hvordan i det hele tatt kontrollere internettoppvokste selvbestaltede bevissthetsvekkede profeter?
Fylgj med i framhaldssoga, godtfolk. Neste bolken vert spanande.